What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antifyre Pistole

Chris

Ordnance approved
Oke Guys I know it's a pistole and it's for anti fire, but can anyone tell me how it works.
I only have the photo's.
Googling I saw a few photo's but no manual.

Regards,

Chris

Attachments

• Pistol01.jpg.jpg
    Pistol01.jpg.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Pistol.jpg.jpg
    Pistol.jpg.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
Hi Chris,I got one of these from a demolition clearance job many years ago(25+),it is a fire extinguisher,the cartridge is full of fire suppressant powder,if I remember the instructions correctly it says to aim below the fire and pull trigger and wait a few seconds,they are just like a huge centre fire shotgun cartride,to load the barrel has to be unscrewed a quarter turn which disengages it from the lugs,place in an antifyre cartridge and engage the lugs and turn to lock,pull back the hammer and it is ready to go,the pistol grip and works including the hammer are pressed steel,I assume it is powered by a slow burning small charge,I fired the one I had at the scrapyard where I worked and there is about a second delay then a huge "CHUFF" and the contents of the cartridge are discharged at the fire,it says to aim below the fire as there is a small ammount of muzzle flip,everything happens in slow motion including the muzzle flip,it all comes in a red tin box complete with gun and cartridges with instructions printed on the lid,I believe the powder caused the fire to be starved of oxygen but how effective they would be in a real fire I have no idea,Hope this helps,
Regards,Don,

I saw one of these at a car boot sale when I was about 13. Would it be classed as a firearm in the UK today?