What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Antiques markets in Belgium?

wz.KC

Hi,
I looking for information about some antiques (bazaars) markets in Belgium.
I mean the bazaars where you can buy some inert ww1 and ww2 ordnance too.
Where is the best? and When?
I have heard something about Antiquittenmarkt in Antwerpen ("every Saturday from 09.00 to 17.00 "Lijnwaadmarkt" - from last March to last October") ...but
But if I find there something of interest to us? or only "civil" stuff?

Maybe someone of you was already there?
Any information?

Regards.

ive posted a thread like this and havent had much luck either.

I think the best thing to do is phone French and Belgium Tourists boards (in the areas of interest)
and they should direct you to the right places.

Should be able to get their numbers from the net.

regards

The marked you referred to, isnt worth to visit, nothing at all. The best market you'll find is where the war did something. like the coastal area, to the south, or the ardennes. there are often militaria fairs in Belgium, so when you have exact dates, i can look for a good place to go.

If you are talking about the actual antique fairs (with antique furniture and stuff).. I've seen a few and you might find some ordnance, but it won't be a lot. Mostly shells and bullets, perhaps a small mortar or something like that.

There's a HUGE antique fair each sunday in my hometown, but I've never seen ordnance there. And this fair is known in the whole of Belgium as one of th antique fairs....

If you are talking about actual militaria fairs, there is 1 big fair you MUST visit: The Ciney militaria fair.

It's helt 2 times a year, in april and october in the town/city of Ciney. This is the biggest fair you will find in Belgium. Been going for over 10 years now.

Next date: April 25, 2010
More info: http://www.cineyexpo.be/agenda/evenement.php?id=149

---

Then you have the Weapons Fair in Ostend. It's a yearly fair. I haven't been there so I'm not sure what they are selling. It is pretty big so I would check it out if I were you.

Next date: March 21, 2010
More info: http://www.wapenbeurs.com/

---

The rest of the fairs are small fairs, mostly helt a few times a year. The people selling stuff usually have thesame content every month.

Each second sunday of the month there is a small fair in Antwerp. It's been getting smaller every year. Don't like it and won't visit it anymore.

More info: http://www.militaria-beurs.be/

---

Each first saturday of the month there is a nice fair in Wavre. It has a nice atmosphere. Been there earlier this month and will go back next month.

Next date: Januari 2, 2010

Address: HALL 86 - Zoning Industriel Nord, Avenue Solvay 86, B-1300 WAVRE

---

There's another fair in Arlon.. Don't have a lot of info on that one.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, if you tell me what you are looking for, I can tell you wether or not you might find it.. :p

Oh yeah, if you tell me what you are looking for, I can tell you wether or not you might find it.. :p

MIKEY
fantastic post! information i have been looking for!

My sister lives in Belgium,so i'll time a visit well and go shopping there!!

:tinysmile_shy_t:

MIKEY
fantastic post! information i have been looking for!

My sister lives in Belgium,so i'll time a visit well and go shopping there!!

:tinysmile_shy_t:

You can't miss the fair in Ciney. There are a lot of Polish sellers/visitors. Might be worth the long trip if there's something you really really really want.. :D
Take a look at the pictures on that site. You can see it's huuuuge! :D

La Gleize

I would be interested in more details about the militaria fair at La Gleize.

I have visited Ciney for the last 3 shows and thoroughly recommend it.

I looked at La Gleize on the internet and could only find pictures of a tiny village.

Is it really good for inert ordnance? and if so, when is the next event?

:tinysmile_hmm_t:hi sorry to but in...
in your gentlemans experiance,is it still possible to buy some real bargains

or has the prices gone stupid,like alot of places now?

I have never been to such places,i have been given most of my stuff or it has been found.

Most of the sellers are professionals and know how much an item is worth.. But like with anything, sometimes they don't.

You would be surprised: A lot of sellers are honest and don't try to rip you off. Like I said, most of them are professionals and do it for a living. Ripping people off will result in a loss of business. :)

oh ok mikey
thanks agin for info!

might see you one day in Flanders!