What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any idea what this is?

chris100575

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what this is please?

I believe EOC is Elswick Ordnance Co. but that's all I have. It came from my wife's grandmother who lived near Silloth in Cumbria, I know there used to be an airfield there so possibly something aircraft related?

Any light you can shed would be much appreciated, thank you. :)

brass2.jpgbrass1.jpg

1 inch Nordenfelt case with Italian 25mm projectile can you show the projectile out of the case please

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the projectiles are well stuck, they’ve been in there for decades and do not want to come out. Sorry.

Thanks, but it's not for sale, I just wanted to find out more about it. I have two identical ones, but from what you've said it sounds as though the cases and projectiles don't belong together. I have tried to separate them using gloves but don't want to get tools involved, so it looks like they're staying as they are.