What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody seen these?

collector

Premium Member
Dear all,
I found these and I'm pretty sure they are US 75mm M61 AP tank round, for the Sherman. But the problem I have is..They are completely made of Brass..
Inside out, top to bottom. Anybody run into these? No markings or what so ever to be found on both of them.dsc03522v.jpgdsc03492b.jpg

Hello collector,

Your two brass 75mm's are REALLY bizarre! Is the ballistic wind screen also brass? The only thing I believe they may be are training/practice items.

Best regards,

Randall

Yup
Thats most likely what they where. Either that or Factory models used for production go/no go gauging
What do they weigh my TM9-1901 ARTILLERY AMMUNITION (SEPT 1950) reference has an M62A1 76MM APC
that may fit the description and pics.
It seems to indicate from the lenght that it includes a casing.
Judging from the cavity on the base it looks like it's made for and extraction tool

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Both indeed are completely made out of Brass. The ballistic cap too. Weight is 9 kg's or 19.86 lbs. Size and lenght is exactly the same as the real 75mm M61.