What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know who these two are ?

Hi weasel

we also shared that link on our tank museum Facebook page, as well as our twitter one.

There idiots !!!!

I don't get why the lady didn't get a picture of there faces as well if she was that concerned ???
Would have helped finding then a whole lot easier.
lets hope there's no bad outcome to the story.

Incase anybody's interested here's a link to the tank museum website.
if you fancy going come and say hi as i work there in the workshop at weekends
http://www.tankmuseum.org/

From bazooka chris

' I don't get why the lady didn't get a picture of there faces as well if she was that concerned ???'

Maybe because these days people can react extremely aggresive when pictured , while doing something they could reasonably know is not allowed?

Regards, DJH

Last edited:
These suicidal dorks give genuine collectors a bad name,lets hope they are identified(before the rounds explode as it will be difficult afterwards)and are suitably chastised,
Don,

Yep.. idiots.... Looks like 120mm Wombat practice rounds. Just from the pictures they look like practice rounds.... but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

look like 105 practice HESH to me...and yes idiots,the fact that they are carrying them on their shoulders would indicate that these were just 'chance' finds,anyone going for them 'pre arranged' would have at least took a rucksack,which would also indicate they have no idea what they have picked up!

I doubt there local, from easter onwards there can be hundreds of cars in the car park,mostly tourists. the shells are probably 120mm prac hesh as this is used by RAC with it s Challenger 2s. Ive walked the range walks for years and ordnance isnt just lying around near the paths,those morons must have jumped the fence. people like these stuff it up for proper collectors, especially when you can buy these for about a tenner. Stunning scenery regardless and if you go in winter you wont meet a soul all day!

Why do people do these daft things, walking around with possibly live ammunition?

As you say, they might be practice shells, but if there not?