What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone seen any of these before, need to call on youe expertise.

3pinplug

Hi All,
Firstly, please excuse the poor photos my digital camera has packed up!
Found these today metal detecting on a local beach, some I think can identify but a couple I'm not sure, what do you think?
A = .303 cartridge for sure!
B = 30.5mm in length, 11.5mm diameter - Any ideas???
C = Would say .303 projecdtile but is only 7mm dia, all .303 I have are 8mm dia - Any ideas???
D = Some sort of pin but not projectile related.
E = Drive band I believe, it is 21mm outside diameter, 15mm internal diameter - Any ideas of calibre it fitted???
F = Looks like a 9mm but has green plastic end, is this a blank?
G = Are these 20mm projectiles, there 88mm long by 21mm diameter???

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• find1.jpg
    find1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 78
  • find2.jpg
    find2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Hi 3pinplug,

Item E looks like a 20mm Hispano driving band.

If you have any concern about the 3 projectiles being live 20mm rounds then you should contact your local police and let them contact the EOD for you and have them safely dealt with.

Hi Weasel,
No worries on the 20mm rounds they are hollow, thanks again for the ID on the driving band, much appreciated.
Regards
Mark

Item F looks like a commercial 8mm blank,green plastic crimp? used in blank firing replicas ect and item B,without a better look at it,guessing a .577/450" Martini Henry bullet

Tony

Last edited:
Hi Smle2009
Thanks for the info, just looked up the Martini Henry and the bullet is made of lead so this looks to be my oldest ammo find to date. Said they withdrew the henri in 1904 so assuming this would be pre that date?
Mark