What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these anything special?

Dronic69

Premium Member
Firstly: *** Happy New Year!***

Cleaning out the closet and found these 30mm Aden rounds - just curious if these are just plain common rounds or something special?

Starting from the top"

Practice Round 1) Projectile stamped "30 CTG Dummy"
Practice Round 2) Case base rim stamped " PRAC 2Z SWN 59/56 30mm ECC
Round 3) Driving band stamped " *HVM -15-4455 30mm T328* "

All thoughts greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN5206.jpg
    DSCN5206.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 127
I believe the top one is a WECOM dummy, not Aden, and fairly rare.

Hello Drew
Yes the top one is a 30x100B WECOM experimental helicopter-gun dummy or drill.
The middle one seems to have Aden colour scheme but you'd need to measure the case to see if it's an Aden (111mm) or DEFA (113mm).
And the lower one is a 30x126B WECOM experimental HV revolver cannon round. Possibly a drill round (i have one with a flat base, no primer, no markings).
Season's Greetings
Charley

Nice rounds Drew.
I'd agree with the id's above.
The colour is a little odd on the Aden. Is it a fuze or plug on the Aden? Usually you'd expect dark Green or yellow for HE, black or blue for prac, black for AP (its not an HE), and brown for expt, all depending on the age of the round of course.
Dave.

Nice rounds drew , i agree with dave and charlie ,strange colour on the aden though never seen that combination are you sure its not a repaint?

Hi ,
The ADEN looks like a repaint to me.
If anything the colours would be reversed,ie, yellow body,red nose ?.

cheers
Bob

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the late reply as I'm currently away for a couple of days.............and thank you to all for the replies - very much appreciated.

(I better stick to just fuzes since I thought they all "Aden" rounds! - But then I never really got into 20mm /30mm ammo)

Yes the Aden is a repaint and came from the same "collector" who painted 18pdr shrapnel shells as HE etc and it appears to be a plug not a fuse....I'll measure it and confirm the length when I get back home tomorrow.

I also have a handful of 20mm which I will post on my return.

Cheers
Drew

Last edited:
Hi Hazord,
Is the WECOM round "fairly rare" due to having a brass case (experimental) rather than having a light-alloy one?

Hi Charley,
I confirmed that the case is an Aden round (111mm)

I'll post the 20mm ones + descriptions tomorrow.

Thanks again
Cheers
Drew

BTW - Perhaps I should have looked at Tony's Introduction to Collecting 30mm...........Group 4 Experimental has both (1) & (3)

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/30mm cannon.htm

Last edited: