What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armoured Howitzer 2000 at Landmachtdagen (Army open house show) 2012

Hi,

I participated in the "Landmachtdagen" 2012 where I was a driver on historic DAF army trucks giving the visitors a tour of the Army driving school grounds. In the morning I had some time to visit all the exhibits myself and had a look inside the Armoured Howitzer 2000. It is a real impressive machine! Gun is 155 mm and range is 40 kilometres! 60 shells of various types, like smoke, light and HE are stowed in the racks. Shells are rammed pneumaticly in the breech till the driving bands cut in the rifling. Depending on the elevation of the barrel more or less air pressure is used. Powder is in seperate bags and these are fired with small cartridges in size similar to .223 rifle rounds. Cost is a mere 6.8 million Euros..... Can't wait till these become surplus.:wink:

P5120031.jpgP5120033.jpgP5120034.jpg

Cheers,
Marc