What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arrived today...

APFSDST

I found on eGun these German bomb fuze removal keys and I got them today. :)
Interesting because one different than the another two.
Possible to see the differences on the 2th picture.
The left is okay, for the normal later (after 1936?) fuze fixing rings. But the right what to used? For the early fuze fixing rings?

Last edited:
Hi John,

Very nice items you have there- well done !!

Can you read anything of the Fl number of the tag on the unusual type?
(may be a clue??)

regards Kev

Hi John,

Very nice items you have there- well done !!

Can you read anything of the Fl number of the tag on the unusual type?
(may be a clue??)

regards Kev

Yes,very nice indeedy!! I would give them a good but sympathetic clean up to reveal the stamps and numbers.
I bet old waffenamt inspector '56' is on there?

best

waff

Hy Gentlemens!
Fortunately two of three are in very good condition and need only bit cleaning (rust removing). But the labels are in worse condition...
I can read these on the labels:
3th picture: Befe?????????hssel Fl. W 53?36
4th picture: Lseschlssel Fl. W 535?5
On both the "W" pressed don't painted.

Hy Gentlemens!
Fortunately two of three are in very good condition and need only bit cleaning (rust removing). But the labels are in worse condition...
I can read these on the labels:
3th picture: Befe?????????hssel Fl. W 53?36
4th picture: Lseschlssel Fl. W 535?5
On both the "W" pressed don't painted.
Could the text on 3rd picture say "Befestigungschlssel" ? Systematically it would then say one key is for removal and one for fastening - but does it make any sense to have differently marked keys for the same job?
Does someone have German manuals for handling and preparing aerial bombs - answer could be found there.

Could the text on 3rd picture say "Befestigungschlssel" ? Systematically it would then say one key is for removal and one for fastening - but does it make any sense to have differently marked keys for the same job?
Does someone have German manuals for handling and preparing aerial bombs - answer could be found there.
Wouldn't surprise me, those Germans were certainly organised. It seems like the time fuzes for the butterfly bombs with a reset mechanism for the internal clock.