What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

assemblage of minds

A few recent threads got me to thinking. When it comes to ordnance, especially the older stuff we can get little more than very educated opinions on a given subject. Through the passage of time, lack of open recorded information for purposes of secrecy etc... very little fact can be obtained on an ordnance subject. This is the very thing that makes BOCN a thing of beauty. I can read a thread and read several different educated opinions. If one were to add up add the years of experience of BOCN members on the subject of ordnance it would boggle the mind. One thing I have learned here is that no rules on the subject are hard and fast, and we can summarize our own opinion based on what we have already come to think, and the sum of educated opinions expressed on any given thread. Some answers can be quite obvious, others not so obvious, and yet others near impossible to come up with an answer. I have had stuff I thought to be fact blown out of the water, and i've said more than once, I am here as a student. In the next week or so I will be posting an exercise grenade I bought and I would bet my last dollar there will be a plethora of different opinions on this grenade. I want to hear and evaluate it all. If this stuff could talk (which we all know it cannot) it sure would be a hell of a lot easier. I have learned so much being a member of this GREAT forum BOCN, but nothing more important than keeping an open mind. There are a lot of years of experience in here and this has to be the most valuable resource on information I have ever encountered. So gentlemen keep them opinions coming, keep an open mind and have a nice day...........Dano

I think it is the "Tall Man" from Phantasm. Talk about a controversial piece of ordnance, a chromed orb that knife blades come out of, stick into your skull, then the drill bit finishes you off. A true cult classic!!! Dano