What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Assorted 75mm & 3" shell case hulls

Slick

I think this is the sum total of these in the collection. Still turning one up here and there. Quite a variety of headstamps.

IMG_0380 (1280x660).jpgIMG_0381 (1280x693).jpgIMG_0383 (1280x960).jpg (Now inside) IMG_0389 (1280x295).jpg

Would you be able to post a close-up photo of the one with the copper primer cap? This case looks British to me.

Hi slick

thank you , but the "ST" is above like on these photos.
If not here, then it will be a rarity.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 24
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18
Rick,

From your photo, it looks like these are the 77mm German cases that you have 5 or 6 copies of. These would be the ones to go with your 77mm German projo.

Sorry, it wasn't that one, but I have highlighted the one i meant.

rick_cases.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. It's definitely British made by Vickers, Son & Maxim Ltd.

Please could you give me a rim diameter as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I just checked in Robert Hawkinson's list and I can't find anything that matches those dimensions.

Measurements using a ruler are fine. There's nothing even close to it in the list.

Unfortunately, the case may be cut down.

No. I don't believe it has been cut. Stab crimps being one piece of evidence. Discoloration being another.

IMG_0413 (1280x774).jpg IMG_0414 (1280x640).jpg

Thanks again. I take back what I said about it possibly being cut after seeing those photos.

Rick,

How about a side view photo of the mystery case? It is so much easier identifying cases by profile/side view and a headstamp. I'm thinking it might be a short 12 Pdr. or a 2.95 inch. It definitely has the Elswick design groove around the primer.

I checked the short 12Pdr, and it has a bigger rim. The 2.95 inch is the right diameter, but too short.

Last edited: