What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

At lasst I finally got glass display cabinets.

jeeeensy

Finally i managed to get a couple on cabinets to put some grenz in,, not a big display but it keeps the UV of them, hope you like them ?
WW1 on the left WW2v on the right. just in case you still pissed from the laced X-mas Pudding and cant focus :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• P1010360.jpg
    P1010360.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Hi Nick,A nice display you have there and it does not take up too much room and most important,,,they can be seen,
Well done,
Cheers,
Don,

Thank You Don,,, trouble is theyr in my offoce/computer room and i cant any work done now there in here :)) keep looking round at them,, or are they looking at me ! ;)

I think the glass cabinets are the way forward if you have the room for them, shelves are ok but not if like me don't touch the items from years on end and when i do thy all need a clean from dust,,,,,, Dave

HPIM8270.jpg HPIM8271.jpg

I think the glass cabinets are the way forward if you have the room for them, shelves are ok but not if like me don't touch the items from years on end and when i do thy all need a clean from dust,,,,,, Dave

View attachment 73805 View attachment 73806

Dave,

Left hand image:
1. What is the grenade (the tall one) on the top shelf?

2. Can you do a close up of the three magnetic charges on the left of the middle shelf?

Thanks

Norman

Last edited:
No Problem Norman,

The tall thing on the top shelf is the Incendiary or this late No80 unfinished.

HPIM8308.jpgHPIM8305.jpgHPIM8306.jpgHPIM8307.jpg

Also of the magnetic items, should have put one of these in the quiz.

HPIM8311.jpgHPIM8309.jpgHPIM8310.jpgHPIM8317.jpgHPIM8312.jpgHPIM8313.jpgHPIM8316.jpgHPIM8314.jpgHPIM8315.jpg

Dave

Dave - You are making me feel quite ill. I now know where all these charges have been hiding!

Many thanks for posting, certainly not something you see every day.

Do you know if any of these had an official description, as I have seen very little references to them in most of the standard books on the subject?

Thanks again

Switch

For the other members who want to know these are OSS / CIA Clam Dead drops, I'm all ears if any other members have info on these items, i have only found reference to them in the mentioned book, I brought these off eBay about 12 years ago from the USA at a very good price,,,,,,, Dave

Dave,

Many thanks for the photographs. The grenade looked a bit tall for a No 80 - perhaps I should adjust my screen aspect ratio!!! The magnetic 'charges' are brilliant. I have seen something similar to the large one and will check if I have anything written about it.

Norman

I did not want to mention Charges but was led to believe that a hole could be made and a time pencil inserted.

this picture is of another display cabinet with storage under it, the top is perspex

HPIM8321.jpgHPIM8322.jpg

Just a small wall mounted cabinet for some of my No5 base plug collection, its slightly tilting to stop the plugs falling out.

HPIM8323.jpg

this one is a table which will also be a display, i made it from a old wardrobe and 4 bits of 2x2, i will post a picture when finished,,,,,Dave

HPIM8324.jpg

Dave

Ladd & Melton - Clandestine Warfare - Weapons and Equipment of the SOE and OSS shows a similar magnetic item "filled" on page 19. Not the perfect reference, but!. Springs adjacent to magnets suggest postwar CIA, as identical to CIA magnetic clam mine that takes two time pencils.

Super photos - any chance to have a look inside your sabotage display case - it looks like you have some really nice quality items in there!

Cheers

Switch

Well there looks to be 2 different Clams in that book so im getting more confused all the time, the one at the top right looks more like my larger one but there is 2 securing screws, some thing will turn up about them one day, will do some pictures later,,,,, Dave

CIA clam.JPG Picture of CIA Clam mine, just for comparison, courtesy of Hayes Otoupalik Militaria.

Cheers

Switch

I have to say thats an impressive display of No 5 baseplugs Dave and what an excellent way to display them.

Its also great to see members enjoying their collections, shame when items end up in a box or drawer, never to see the light of day.

Some very tasty bits filling them too - well done guys

regards Kev

I did not want to mention Charges but was led to believe that a hole could be made and a time pencil inserted.

this picture is of another display cabinet with storage under it, the top is perspex

View attachment 73850View attachment 73851

Just a small wall mounted cabinet for some of my No5 base plug collection, its slightly tilting to stop the plugs falling out.

View attachment 73853

this one is a table which will also be a display, i made it from a old wardrobe and 4 bits of 2x2, i will post a picture when finished,,,,,Dave

View attachment 73852

Finally finally got to finish this table, sorry so long hope it was worth waiting ,,,,,,, Dave

DSC00301.jpg DSC00302.jpg DSC00303.jpg DSC00304.jpg