What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian 6 Pounder (6Pr 7Cwt) Anti-Tank Gun.

Darian

G'day All,

We have finally started to restore our 6 Pdr Gun, but need some help and assistance with a couple of things.

Firstly, our Gun is missing the Lower "hinged" Sheild. I've taken some measurements from the upper sheild, but really need the over-alls and the positions of the "cut-outs" for the stabiliser legs. There are various different lower sheilds, and depending on the country of manufacture, some have no cut-outs, some have partial rectangular cut-outs (as the Australian one has) and some have elongated slots that go all the way to the bottom of the sheild with straps over the ends (as the US 57mm). As far as I can tell from photographs that I have been able to find, we need the lower sheild with the rectangular cut-outs, as the one that the Jacques Littlefield Collection has.

If anyone has access to a 6 Pdr Gun (Australian) and would be able to give me more detailed measurements (and drawings) that would be great. I can "guess-timate" it if I have too, but would prefer to get it right first off.

We are also missing all of the sighting gear, sight holder, etc. and if anyone can help out, or steer me in the right direction, I would be grateful. The sighting gear is slightly different on the variuous different country guns but they are so close that having any sighting gear would really help to complete the gun.

The "Shoulder Stock" (the side-ways u-shaped piece) is also missing so any help or assistance whether that be measurements, drawings, templates, patterns, etc - or even the spare one that you have out-the-back - would be great also.

Measuremants and details of the Hand Spikes that go in the leg of the trail as well, please.

In fact any 6 Pdr Parts, no matter how big or small, please let me know.

Some pictures of our Gun (stored on a mate's property, interstate) before we got it back home.

Here's hoping I haven't scared everyone off!!

All and any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

With Many Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Darian.

Attachments

• FT - 6 Pdr - 001b - Resize.jpg
    FT - 6 Pdr - 001b - Resize.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
  • FT - 6 Pdr - 002b - Resize.jpg
    FT - 6 Pdr - 002b - Resize.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 54
  • FT - 6 Pdr - 003b - Resize.jpg
    FT - 6 Pdr - 003b - Resize.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 49
  • FT - 6 Pdr - 008b - Resize.jpg
    FT - 6 Pdr - 008b - Resize.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 57
  • FT - 6 Pdr - 004b - Resize.jpg
    FT - 6 Pdr - 004b - Resize.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 58
Darian
There is a 6pr 7cwt in Opotiki, Bay of Plenty, NZ which I have always thought was of Australian manufacture. Can you confirm from the attached photo?
Peter Cooke, Wellington NZ

Attachments

• Opotiki 6pr 7cwt lores.jpg
    Opotiki 6pr 7cwt lores.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 29