What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian inter-war 18pdr case

Darkman

Just showing this nice 18pdr cart case I picked up recently. Inter-war years Mk III cases are rare enough, but this one is even more interesting not only because it is Australian made, but also because it is from our first year of 18pdr production in 1927. Note the low lot No. 1E.

The Australian Government purchased surplus 18pdr manufacturing machinery and tooling from the UK and production of complete rounds commenced in 1927 at the Colonial Ammunition Co. (CAC) factory in Maribyrnong, Melbourne - previously a privately owned factory purchased by the Government.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Just showing this nice 18pdr cart case I picked up recently. Inter-war years Mk III cases are rare enough, but this one is even more interesting not only because it is Australian made, but also because it is from our first year of 18pdr production in 1927. Note the low lot No. 1E.

The Australian Government purchased surplus 18pdr manufacturing machinery and tooling from the UK and production of complete rounds commenced in 1927 at the Colonial Ammunition Co. (CAC) factory in Maribyrnong, Melbourne - previously a privately owned factory purchased by the Government.

Could somebody fix this text colour please - I cant.

This should be readable
:tinysmile_fever_t:

You can change the text color when entering a post, at the top tool bar there is a capital "A", clicking on that gives you a number of options for text color :)