What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian or NZ No 36 filler screw

Hi Snufkin. I think I have all of the NZ makers, but not all of the variations (mould numbers and maker ID directions). The Ford Motor Company often get attributed to having made bodies (you’ll note FMC on the boxes). It’s generally accepted that all No36’s were filled at their Wellington site, and that they made the boxes, but they did not cast the bodies. If they did, I still need an FMC marked one (I’ve never seen one). Cheers

My understanding is that FMC was a filling and packing station, and did not make grenade components. Are the five body casting makers represented by the initials BM, MP, BMP, SB, and A the lot?

They are the only ones I am aware of. I’ve been told of another, but have never seen one. Most are freely well known now, but I don’t know who BMP was. Regards