What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Austrian rounds

As you can see., I still am having problems with downloading images. But this is better luck than I hve had in the past!

Ahh, beautiful!!
All 37x57 cases produced by GR?
Please, can you make more pics from the 47mm ammo?

Hi
nice rounds

these mine.
all cases made by GR

best regards

Attachments

• 13 apr 2011_2756.jpg
    13 apr 2011_2756.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 13 apr 2011_2761.jpg
    13 apr 2011_2761.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 77
Nice group. I ahve not seen the 3rd projectile from the left. I am guessing it might be a late war replacement of the one on it's left. Possibly to conserve copper in the last days? Thanks for the photos. Best regards, Gerald

g
erald

Hi Gerald
yes it's my guess.
I enclose some other pics. unoftunely markings on the base are not clear.....

best regards

Attachments

• 30 apr 2011_3148rid.jpg
    30 apr 2011_3148rid.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 47
  • 30 apr 2011_3149rid.jpg
    30 apr 2011_3149rid.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 44
  • fondello rid.jpg
    fondello rid.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 37
Hi Fausto. are these 1 banded projectiles rare? Have you seen others? Everything AH is very,very rare in the US. The regular projectile is very similar to the British 11/2 pdr.I guess it was first made for the AH Navy when they bought ships with Vickers 11/2 pdr guns. i have seen the cases for those, and have a British case with a SW projectile which I think is genuine.I have also seen a very long 37mm projectile, much longer than the longest I have. It was hiding in photo of another person's collection. Have you any knowledge of this? Thanks again for your photos and information. Best regards, Gerald

Hi
this projectile is the lone I saw in many years.
I think 1 1/2pdr guns was not used like trench gun, never found cases...
about the long projectile, a friend of mine has one in collection, it has iron driving band, I enclose a pic.
never document found about.

best regards

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 53