What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Az-63

Used in the B2 EZ incendiery bombs,with explosive heads .these are powder train type fuzes with a delay of 2,4,or 6 minutes

Attachments

• exploding incendiary.jpg
    exploding incendiary.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Az63

Complete AZ63 Fuze used in IBEN

Attachments

• AZ63.jpg
    AZ63.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 53
Hello Tarbelin51,

Theres a bomb fin on ebay at the moment. Item number: 110266392743

attachment.php

Quatermass

Last edited:
well spotted Q,

I shouldnt think it should go for more than a tenner though?
I would like one of those longer versions for my collection.

best

waff

Old thread but i need to bump it for some info!
Steve,can you please tell me more about the fuze in post#5?
What are those `wire` looking bits attached to the fuze?

btw

The tail that Q tipped us off about ended up going for about 41 and i got `snipered` off somebody with it.:tinysmile_angry2_t:
I hate those guys that use `sniper programmes` and i run up the auction when i can to leave them high and dry!:eviltongue::hahaha:

best

waff

Last edited:
How did this AZ63 fit to a standard IB fuze?
Was it attached by machining the existing fuze?(13 or 83)

best

waff

Hi Paul
Its a push fit into a recess in the IB bomb body and contained nothing more than Bickford cord ,

Detonating cord , like a slow match composition containing gun powder , you see the cowboy films when they blow bridges up thats det cord lit with a flame

Ahh!,I know what you mean.

Can i convert a 1kg into the other version for display,if i had the bits such as an AZ63 and a long set of tails?:tinysmile_twink_t2:

best

waff