What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

b. S.Mi.35

Tmine35

Premium Member
Has it already possible been shown here, or has someone any details of a powder charge pellet used in German b.S.Mi.35 ( Bouncing Betty training mines )?

I've never heard or read something about that interesting question, Reino.
the mine itself doesn't show any trace of 'how to fix a practice charge'; but possibly picture No.3, a Sprengkrper 28 (200gr.) practice charge, could give some impression of a similar device used in the S.Mi.35 (b) and T.Mi.35(b) respectively?

Attachments

• S.Mi.35(b)-2.jpg
    S.Mi.35(b)-2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 75
  • S.Mi.35(b)-3.jpg
    S.Mi.35(b)-3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 59
  • SpK28 b.jpg
    SpK28 b.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 67
That's right, I tried to screw an bungsladung 30 ( the same as used in hand grenades ) in this mine but it didn't fit.
T-mines have a special, large size training charge which also is shown in some old manuals. I think I posted a picture of such here earlier this year.

There was a special shaped wooden inlay, which fitted in the b SMi.35, and which contained a blackpowder charge - comparable to the training charge for b T.Mi.35. Unfortunately I have no pic :tinysmile_cry_t2:

Cheers

engineer