What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

b T.Mi. 35 smoke unit

StielGr

I have just added this to my small side line of Tellermines.

It is the bakelite smoke holder for the inside of the b T.Mi. 35.
If anyone has any information it would be very welcome. For example I am curious did the mine use a normal fuze or was it fitted with a training fuze.

Many thanks
PC

Attachments

• IMG_2449.jpg
    IMG_2449.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2436.jpg
    IMG_2436.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2432.jpg
    IMG_2432.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2439.jpg
    IMG_2439.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2447.jpg
    IMG_2447.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2433.jpg
    IMG_2433.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 39
Well done with this purchase, Paul, what a nice and tidy example.
They are quite rare; I believe them to be rarer than the b-Mines themselves.

Most questions on this topic will be answered here: http://lexpev.nl/downloads/h.dv.2204b.pdf

Found these pics, T.Mi.35 bungsladung-1.jpg T.Mi.35 bungsladung-2.jpg showing both versions, the wooden piece is the earlier one.

Thank you Peter.

I appreciate the kind words as I know you very expertise in this area.
The example I have has been well looked after.

Unfortunately my German is very limited so I wasn't able to fully answer my fuze question. On page 14 of the document there is what looks like a transit plug for the fuze well. Was the training mine used with a normal live mine fuze?

PC

Sorry, my friend :tinysmile_shy_t:, I was unobservant; you're right, much text and few explaining pictures in this special chapter.

I try to resume. The five round cells contained smoke pellets (black powder/tar). The group of four cells (main charge) was either ignited by a normal live T.Mi.Z.35 from top or a ZZ 35 from the side fuze well. The fith cell (Nebenladung/second charge) exclusively by suitable (pull) fuzes from the bottom fuze well. Two independent systems. So one could practice both normal use and booby trapping with the same charge.