What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bartering

Of the few ways to obtain collectible grenades and ordnance, trading is by far my favourite way to go. In my trades I always seem to end up with some goodies that I really don't want because it just does not peak my interest. These items automaticly go up on the trading block. It can be a really cheap way to get a few items that I would desire to have. Each party in the trade pays their own shipping and good things happen. I never make a trade that I would consider lopsided where 1 party ends up with the long end of the stick and the other with obviously the short. I always try to make them as even as possible. When you're on a fixed income as I am it may be the only way to go. Just 2 collectors commonly peddling goods they may consider undesireable to obtain something that fits more into their individual collecting themes. With the prices of collectible ordnance running off the charts, it seems a very viable way to go. Now when you barter with a "dealer" then the short end of the stick is to be expected. Let's face it a dealer is in it for a profit, and I do from time to time trade with dealers for the fact I could well end up with something I want very much, and what I trade off while worth more than what i'm getting it's just stuff I don't want anymore. I even barter with my neighbors i.e. you fix my roof leak and I may till your garden or something along those lines. Bartering on those terms has become somewhat of a lost art, but with current economic status can be a real benefit. Well I guess i've bored most of you with this rambling babbling so i'll let you go for now. Any comments, questions welcome and appreciated..Dano

Last edited: