What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baton Rounds

Re:Batton Rounds

A selection of Anti-Riot Baton Rounds and blanks from my collection made and/or used by the British Army over the years. They are in date of manufacture order, left to right. Hopefully the stencilling shows ok in the pics. First pic, 1.5" Baton rounds and blanks.
MVC_448S.JPG

More recent 37mm rounds and blanks, last two are ARWEN rounds, worth a topic on thier own.
MVC_450S.JPG

A L21A1 round and L38A1 blank in a double transit case, can be used in a pouch etc.
MVC_453S.JPG

All these rounds have been fired and the projectiles re-inserted in the cases where applicable, in the case of the more recent 37mm, not as easy as it sounds, they are a very tight fit ! hope these pics are of some interest, Tony.

Hi Tony, some very nice pics and rounds you have there,i have a few more to get as yet to match your collection, thanks you for sharing them, are the anti-riot ones hard to find, :)
Andy

Hi Andy, The very early black rubber rounds and the metal cased blanks seem to be quite hard to find. The back and white cased rounds and more modern ones are plentiful and quite cheap too. The British made ARWEN rounds are scarce, try googling "ARWEN" the weapon has an interesting history. Basically a British Enfield designed weapon, it is a five shot revolving baton gun, considered "unfair" to be used on British soil ! It is now made under licence in th US and other countries and can fire all sorts of loads in the 37/38mm calibre. Tony.

I found these in the garage i thought that i had got rid of them ages ago
Anti_Riot_baton_rounds_001.jpg

Thanks fuseman nice pic's,i have got allot to get i only have two at the moment well you have to start somewhere.
Thanks for posting them.:)
Andy

Fuzeman wrote:
Hi its not a rumour i know of several instances of that happening , it had the desired results they recon .
It is or was possible with later rounds too i understand .
The rounds were manufactured at a factory called flow form , which is in Welshpool Powis mid wales
Steve
Thanks for the info Steve !

Nice one chaps!,what a great thread.
sounds painful with the coin though!:eek:hmy:

cheers
waff

Andy are you still looking for baton rounds ,I have just had these delivered Projectile only all the same type,if you want one let me know and ill get it posted to you..allan

Attachments

• baton rounds.jpg
    baton rounds.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 21