What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battlefield Weapons Systems and Technology

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Does anyone have the series of Brassey's Battlefield Weapons Systems and Technology?

I have Vol 3 (Ammunition), but can't find many of the others.

Cheers

Pete

I have `Brassey's Land Warfare into the 21st century - Guided Weapons (3rd edition)', marked inside as `Brassey's NEW (my emphasis) Battlefield Weapons Systems and Technology Series into the 21st century, Volume 5'. On another page it says that this book is a volume of Series 3. It was published in 1998. My copy is a hardback, ISBN 1 85753 152 3.

Other volumes in Series 3 that are listed as companion titles are Vol 1 - Military ballistics: A basic manual; Vol 2 - Cannons; Vol 3 -Guns, mortars & rockets, revised; Vol 4 - Surveillance & target acquisition systems (2nd edition); Vol 6 - Small arms & machine guns; Vol 7 - Explosives, propellants & pyrotechnics (2nd edition).

I also have `Brassey's NEW (my emphasis) Battlefield Weapons Systems and Technology Series, Volume 4 - Ammunition for the land battle' published in 1991, in paperback, ISBN 0 08 035907 1. This is a volume in Series 2.

Some of the titles are the same between the two series but their volume numbers are different. Which series is your Volume 3 part of?

Pete,

I have:-

1. Introduction to BWS&T by RG Lee, 1981. It introduces the series of 9 volumes (later extended to 11 in new series)
2. BWS&T Volume I Vehicles and Bridging by IFB Tytler etc., 1985
3. BWS&T Volume XI Military Helicopters by PG Harrison and others, 1985

You are welcome to them if you have an emotional attachment.

Last edited: