What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beltring SD50L Restoration

satan18

Now most of the fin damage has been removed this only leaves me final dressing work and a bit of spot welding to re attach the fins together.

The nose of the bomb is now welded back on with no loss of lengh.

The main damage to the tail fins was pushed out with a bit of heat
and a portable hydraulic wedge.

Next stage sand blasting.

Attachments

• Beltring goodies 010.jpg
    Beltring goodies 010.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Beltring resto 024.jpg
    Beltring resto 024.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Beltring resto 025.jpg
    Beltring resto 025.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 400px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-343-0684-32A%2C_Belgien-Frankreich%2C_Bombenlager.jpg
    400px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-343-0684-32A%2C_Belgien-Frankreich%2C_Bombenlager.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Beltring SD50L

Looks great Phil. Really looking like a bomb now. Please keep the installments running as you proceed because it is just fascinating to me..Dano

Hi Satan,
It was good to catch up recently, glad you have a new project to get to grips with. Looking really good so far please keep us updated as you go on. you have done a cracking job on the tail section looks so much better now it is staightend out a bit.
Best regards Weasel.

Hi Satan,
It was good to catch up recently, glad you have a new project to get to grips with. Looking really good so far please keep us updated as you go on. you have done a cracking job on the tail section looks so much better now it is staightend out a bit.
Best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel
Likewise allways good to put faces to names and i am enjoying doing this
quite a lot and have had some very kind remarks from people and a lot
of technical help along the way.

Best Satan

Phil,what fuze are you going to display with it?,surely not that rusty old 25D i gave you to fill the fuze pocket?
I reckon it deserves a nice,crisp 55?

W

Phil,what fuze are you going to display with it?,surely not that rusty old 25D i gave you to fill the fuze pocket?
I reckon it deserves a nice,crisp 55?

W
Strangely enough i was thinking along those lines aswell,if i can locate a nice 55 then in it will go:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best

Nice work Phil,
Here a nice look of the paint No on the bomb.

Attachments

• NA7602.jpg
    NA7602.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 47
Good grief! I assume they were booby traps or the strangest bomb storage racks ive ever seen! ;)
Is that a 'screamer' attachment on that tail?

W

Last edited:
BTW, does anyone have in his collection a Jericho-Gert ( to be attached on bombs as seen in this picture ) :questionmark: