What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blu 63

It's impossible to see that from the outside. To know if it's armed you'd have to know if it was found in the field in the vincinity of a empty container (live and armed), either was it taken out of an undropped bomb (live , not armed), either is it a factory dummy/model (inert)

I would however be extremely carefull as the most commonly used M-219 (E1) fuze of this CBU is of a highly sensitive type.

For more info about types and fuze:
http://www.wk2ammo.com/showthread.php?t=3763

Attachments

• BLU-63b%20or%20M74.JPG
    BLU-63b%20or%20M74.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
It is imposable to know what fuse has been put in i.e. impact, time delay, MOVEMENT (booby trap) etc, and therefore never approach one, to be destroyed in situ.

Quote:
"It is imposable to know what fuse has been put in i.e. impact, time delay, MOVEMENT (booby trap) etc, and therefore never approach one, to be destroyed in situ."
end Quote

I fully agree with you!!, there are several types of fuzes available. I ony have one type in my cutaway models.

Last edited: