What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blu 97

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
Blu97 presents the BLU 97. (factory cutaway)

Attachments

• blu 97.jpg
    blu 97.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 353
Great Piece. Trying to inert the full up (non-dropped) was darn near impossible. That fuze is one of the most sensitive that we ever came across. Cheers, Bruce.

OUTSTANDING!
could you please label the parts? i am wondering which part the zirconium liner would be?

Dragontooth, The zirconium "liner" is the dark area around the booster housing. I don't have any with me at the moment, but they are just a fuzed pellet with a hole in the center to fit around the booster. When I get home, I'll take some pictures and get measurements. Cheers, Bruce.

I know I'm a little late to this party, but I just got this and thought I'd throw it in. I know next to nothing about it, only what I've read so far on this thread, but I'm thinkin' this is a nice example.

Rick
Bomb, submunition, BLU 97 001 (Small).jpg Bomb, submunition, BLU 97 002 (Small).jpg Bomb, submunition, BLU 97 003 (Small).jpg

BLU-97 CEM appears to have been one of the most well-thought out and hard hitting submunitions: antipers., antimat and incendiary. what do the experts say?

If the experts are "experts by experience" a.k.a. "the recieving side"; most probably not much. ;)

Regards, DJH