What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blue Steel

glevum

Here are some pictures of some guidance sections from Blue Steel. The sections are part of the inertial navigation system for the missile. They came from Elliots when they closed and I think they are prototypes.

Here are the pictures, they didn't make it earlier...

Attachments

• Blue_Steel1.jpg
    Blue_Steel1.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Blue_Steel2.jpg
    Blue_Steel2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Blue_Steel3.jpg
    Blue_Steel3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Blue_Steel4.jpg
    Blue_Steel4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Blue_Steel5.jpg
    Blue_Steel5.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 33
And the final picture...

The sections are shaped to follow the contour of the missile.

Attachments

• Blue_Steel6.jpg
    Blue_Steel6.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 22
I saw an electronic fuze for a Blue Steel missile for sale on the net a while ago, I can't remember where.

Godnoze what happened to that link, just type in blue steel on the search function on Johns web site and it'll take you there.
Dave.

When I saw the heading I thought that someone had the entire missile in their collection. That would use up a bit of space...

I once saw a super programme on telly that showed the test launch sites of these missiles at RAF Spedaedum in Cumbria.
I would have liked to go and have a look someday but a rumour tells me thats where all the contaminated sheep were buried in the great Foot and Mouth disease outbreak back in `01 :sheep::saint:

waff

:hmmmm2: or.... Am i thinking of the Blue Streak missile programme?

cheers

waff

Waff,

Blue Streak was a ballistic missile.

Blue Steel was a rocket powered stand off nuclear bomb, launched from Vulcans.