What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOCN Guess what it is

JR

If you're still up north, I feel very sorry for you. The bride is up there and I understand that global warming is NOT an issue at this time. Ain't all that much better down here, but at least there's not 14" of white crap all over the place.

I'll go out and dig up something else in a bit. Currently not dressed to venture out to the shed.

EOD
Since you got the 20MM detail, feel free to jump in and post something to ID.

Rick

I'm in Oklahoma until the 19th. I dread going back. Tell your Bride to be careful up there. It's not so friendly in The Peoples Republic of Chicago these days! If Global warming keeps up, we'll freeze to death!

I tried again to post a pic and it worked. I don't know what's wrong. Look below at my post, before I edited it. I guess others are having the same probs. Maybe I just type too fast with my two fingers. My wife told me I was the fastest Hunt'n Pecker she's ever seen. I think that's a good thing though.....

"I'm n Oklahom until the 19h. Idreadgongbac. Tel you Bride to be caeful up the. I's no sfriedly in thePeoples Repulic ofChicago hes ys! If Glbl Warming Kps Ups, e'll freezeteath!"

Attachments

• First Hint.jpg
    First Hint.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Knowing the sizes you like, fins for a Davey Crocket 20mm spotter?

Sorry guys got caught up clearing snow, and clearing snow, and clearing snow. It has finally slowed, but winds are now up to 20mph and climbing as the temp drops, so it's time to sit in front of the computer for a bit.

Here is your first clue.

DSCN5189.jpg

I even got on the internet and tried to figure this one out. My first guess was an RPG type but I couldn't find one with this fuze or the knurling. I'm guessing it is a Sub-monition but could be a rocket. The knurling appears to be on the OD of a shaft. Am I going in the right direction?

So far we have a the inside of a sub, and that it is of Sov/Russian manufacture. You have seen the inside and one end, here is the other end.

DSCN5192.jpg

The submunition is complete (minus the 1/3rd cutaway from the body. EOD is correct in that the last image is the fuze, the previous one is a parachute pack.

Last hint, I got mine from an SS-23 Oka being torn down in the Czech Republic.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited: