What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOCN Guess what it is

No tool, it is an essential part! As said by Stecol it is Hungarian and if he knows this he certainly knows what it is.

Allan, almost correct, give it another try with correct figures.

Bellifortis, yes, it is a mine fuze.

Hallo EOD,
that was difficult by only seeing a small window at first and that also of a fuze I did not even know. If you don't mind I'll pick up from you. To give you all a small hint to start with, the view you see is a front view of the object. Try your luck. What is this ?
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 27
Knowing you I only say NO. With anybody else I would have given some additional hint, because this is difficult. You may be a person that has seen it somewhere.

I think this is too difficult and unfair to all the people that never had a chance to look at such an object. The object is so unusual, that may be nobody here has ever seen it. I chose it to show it you, because it is interesting. So I decided to show you a picture of the whole object. May be somebody with access to a very good databank is able to tell its designation. As you see, its big, very big. For size comparsion I placed a paperweight with a KTM-1 fuze in front. Any guess ?

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 41
Show us the markings on the container.

Looks like a fuze for a tactical missile.
Hallo EOD,
when you know the markings it's easy. But, as there has been no other reply I'll show you these. You can do the translations and tell us in which factory this very nice and rare completely inert, educational (classroom) model has been made 40 years ago. This fuze has been made for one special warhead, other models exist. Do you know which ?
Bellifortis.

Attachments

• 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 21
Jalous I am and I am not even collecting!
An RV-25, for what ever rocket or missile that one is.

Made by:
Production Enterprise "LUCh" of Novosibirsk. They are known for making lots of proximity fuzes.

Here they are:
http://www.luch-nsk.ru/

Right EOD, the fuze was made specially for the pictured model S-25-O. The rocket was the final, ultra heavy (250mm), folding fin, free flight, aircraft rocket developed in the USSR in the 60's. The prefragmented warhead delivered about 10000 fragments, enough to disable an entire infrantry battilion. As seen in your picture, the warhead was sticking out of the launcher tube, bcause of its larger dia. The rocket was delivered ready loaded in its wooden PU-O-25 launcher tube (disposable) with metal skin. Would you please translate the exact writing on the fuze ? Any additional information would be appreciated, because this is all info that I could gather up till now. Oh, the specifications: Length of the rocket : 3,775m fin span : 1,05m weight : 370kg warhead : 150 kg, range : 4 km, fuze functions : 5-20m above target. Any additional pictures also would be nice.

Last edited:
On the fuze and container it just says "Uchebnyiy" what means "instructional", the typical marking on inert instructional items.