What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bofor identification

Swedish made 20 mm M40 Bofors. Case should measure 20x144SR29.5 mm.

Nice rounds, they're hard to find.
Thanks for showing it.
Dave.

Very nice round and as SG500 says "hard to find".

The fact that the case has not been finish machined and has a "Knurled" pattern just above the rim would suggest to me that it may be some sort of "Drill" or "Inspectors" round.

I think so to, but mostly the drill rounds are green and have no projectile fitted but are solid. This version I have not seen before, but maybe that is why SG500 mentions hard to find ;-)

Very nice round and as SG500 says "hard to find".

The fact that the case has not been finish machined and has a "Knurled" pattern just above the rim would suggest to me that it may be some sort of "Drill" or "Inspectors" round.

Hello! it is an swedish drill cartridge, the green projectile markings were introduced post war sometimes after 1950. I have one in my collection with two headstamps, the B and arrow on one side and NP on the other at "nine and tree o`clock". NP stands for Norma Projektilfabrik. Handgun ammo made during ww2 in sweden are stamped with number codes, but artillery cases and projectils ar marked with makers name, initials or logos.