What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bofors m/47 aircraft round - request for information.

SG500

Premium Member
I'm looking for some information on the Bofors m/47 aircraft round (57 x 230R) specifically what the projectiles looked like.
There's info on Tony's site with a picture of the case.http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/Bofors.htm
Does anyone have specimens of projectiles they could post photos of please? Or line drawings.
Thanks.
Dave.

What good timing! I have a factory drawing of the HE projectile and Mick arranged to make a dummy from the drawing for me. I took delivery at the ECRA meeting at Martin's place a few weeks ago, and it's a beautiful job. There'll be a pic in the next Cartridge Researcher, which I've just begun to work on.

What good timing! I have a factory drawing of the HE projectile and Mick arranged to make a dummy from the drawing for me. I took delivery at the ECRA meeting at Martin's place a few weeks ago, and it's a beautiful job. There'll be a pic in the next Cartridge Researcher, which I've just begun to work on.
Thanks Tony, does it have (from memory) 6 tracer cavities?
Dave.

There were four projectiles in use here in sweden . HE. TP . AP and a drillround . no tracers.
HE and TP used the same body. the AP was a little different with a ballistic cap.