What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb and Shell fuze ID please

SpudGun

My grandfather was in the RNAS in WW1 and bought this shell fuze back with him, from the Middle east. He said that it was a British shell fired at his unit from a British gun that the Turks had captured. Can anyone ID it.

shell.jpg

This is from a German bomb dropped on Southend in WW2, which my father dug up at the time. ID please.

bomb.jpg

second fuze

The second fuze is for sure a german fuze and a ww1 fuze KZ 14 you are sure he was airdroped in ww2 since its not a fuze for a airdroped bomb is a normal shell fuze fired from a artillery gun ??

wbr David

The second fuze is for sure a german fuze and a ww1 fuze KZ 14 you are sure he was airdroped in ww2 since its not a fuze for a airdroped bomb is a normal shell fuze fired from a artillery gun ??

wbr David

Thanks. I've just asked my father about the German fuze and he now says that it he was wrong and it's another fuze he can't find that he recovered during WW2.