What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb fuze collectors -cover your eyes!

DEADLINE222

Last week I was about two hours into one of my day-long, random internet ordnance searches and I came upon this lot of nose and tail bomb fuzes for sale.

There are 29 in all, in which I paid $600.00 to get them home. :tongue:

Here is a list of what I have:

Nose:
MK 347 MOD 0
MK 243
x2 MK244
ANM-146A1
M146
Unkown fuze without arming vein beside the short brass one.
ANM-226 flare bomb nose fuze not pictured

Tail:
x5 M115
x5 M116
T743
M134
M123A1
M125A1
M132
x5 ANM-101A2
MK 136

What do you all think? From my searches I can see that I have a few sought-after examples.
I am not a big fuze guy. Although I have several tons of casings for these fuzes; I have never really paid attention to the values, as when I do see them for sale, they are always too much for me, the poor rust hunter.

What kind of value do you feel I have here?

AAA.jpgBBB.jpg

Last edited:
You did very well. They are getting much harder to find, especially in good condition with the tags and all.

The unidentified one is the M103 or one of its variants. No idea how many variations there are, but I think I've seen 4-5. If I recall correctly the M140 is among them.

Hello,
outstanding collection you got there.
If there is anything to trade or sell, please let me know, I have a lot for trading also. Please shoot me an email under mtifuze@yahoo.com.
Congratulations
Mrfuze, USA

Congrats! In todays market,theres probably a couple hundred thousand dollars there......Ok maybe not that much,but who knows. Right auction,right day,right rich guy,the skys the limit.....

Last edited:
You might be interested in the USNBD 1945 manual on fuze stripping and misfires. It covers all of the US Navy fuzes including Bomb Fuzes. I have just scaned it and will have a PDF available for BOCN members soon. It has top quality material and is not short on detail.

Also intended for completion this year is a PDF covering fuzes and their contruction and assembly from an inhouse WWII manual from the Picatinny Arsenal.

Lou,
nice link, but could we put a (modified?) picture in here to conserve this for the future?
(may be we got not the rights...)
King regards
ille