What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb Girls

edstorey

BOCN Supporter
There is a new television program starting this week in Canada. Entitled 'Bomb Girls', it is based around the experiences of women working in a Canadian ordnance factory during the Second World War. Here is a PR photograph in from my local newspaper TV guide.

31December2011-TVSeries-BombGirls-OttawaCitizen.jpg

How about that EOD cutie? (ignore the bloke)

020929m4680h001cw5.jpg

And one more bomb:

bombs.jpg

No bombs but at war:

56663702nm3.jpg

48940531gimmeahugguys9ds.jpg

There is a new television program starting this week in Canada. Entitled 'Bomb Girls', it is based around the experiences of women working in a Canadian ordnance factory during the Second World War. Here is a PR photograph in from my local newspaper TV guide.

31December2011-TVSeries-BombGirls-OttawaCitizen.jpg

Real women!

Real woman unsung heros !!! When you look at what they have done for all war efforts , tough gals !!

Cheers ken

When I got out in 2000 the Corps had 3 women in EOD. EOD's first pic of the Marine Tech is heartening. I never had a problem with women in EOD. For the most part they worked as well as the males if not better and I still find that true in the UXO industry. Cheers, Bruce.