What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb or Ornament?

ron3350

I was told this item came from a Japanese museum c.1990? I believe it is an ornament made from ordnance to hold some figures or small items.
There is no fuze and it has 2 thin steel discs to make a shelf. The tail looks real so is it from a Japanese bomb?
Painted light and dark brown with gold edge at the oval cut-out.
600mm overall. 240mm long fins. 104mm body diameter.
The body is 6mm thick.

Bomb 2.jpgBomb 1.jpgBomb 3.jpg

Last edited:
Not a Japanese aerial bomb. The curved fins follow a classic Japanese ornamental design. Nice piece.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I was hoping it was a WW1 or inter-war item but will possibly now sell it to an antique store. Thanks.

Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I was hoping it was a WW1 or inter-war item but will possibly now sell it to an antique store. Thanks.
And find in a couple of years time it was the rarest bit of Japanese ordnance known to man and then kicked yourself like we all have. Which would be an interesting topic, What did you pass up, that you now regret ordnance wise.