What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bombing Up during WII

Great film ,this is the one i mentioned when Butterfly posted some Detonator gauges.

Cheers ,
Bob

Great clip, thanks for posting.
Downloaded and saved into my library.

I wonder now why the bombs were stored with the tail pistols in place already. Were there so few variations/demand that the no28 or no30 were considered to be the standard?

Also a good one on the detonator gauges. Would not like to have a det stuck half way in.

Very informative,and it answers lots of questions,thanks for posting the film,
Regards,
Don,

Great clip, thanks for posting.
Downloaded and saved into my library.

I wonder now why the bombs were stored with the tail pistols in place already. Were there so few variations/demand that the no28 or no30 were considered to be the standard?

Also a good one on the detonator gauges. Would not like to have a det stuck half way in.

How did you download it? I wouldn't mind having a hard copy in my drive

For those who are interested - the main star of the film is WS-R a Vickers Wellington IC of RAF 9 Squadron. At the time based at RAF Honnington. Unlike the rest of the squadron, it appears this aircraft survived until the Squadron converted to Lancasters in late '42. 9 Squadron were responsible for the 'Tallboy' attack on the Tirpitz.

TimG

For those who are interested - the main star of the film is WS-R a Vickers Wellington IC of RAF 9 Squadron. At the time based at RAF Honnington. Unlike the rest of the squadron, it appears this aircraft survived until the Squadron converted to Lancasters in late '42. 9 Squadron were responsible for the 'Tallboy' attack on the Tirpitz.

TimG

Thanks mate. I'll give it a go