What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Books by Paul Ludlum and Harry Lund

AMMOTECHXT

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
I recently finished reading two books co-authored by the above two authors: `PQ17 - Convoy to hell' and `The war of the landing craft'. Extremely well written and made gripping by the true narrative, with personal accounts added from people who were there. I did a quick check before logging on to BOCN this morning and found that the two wrote a number of books on World War Two naval operations. I have had mine for about 35 years and only this year got around to reading it.

Just finished reading `Out sweeps' by the same authors. This excellent book deals with British minesweeping efforts worldwide in WW2 and is written in the same way as the two books I mentioned above. It gives brief info on the various types of Axis mines and countermeasures for them. There are no diagrams or photos.