What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boring ???

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
BORING ????
"Boring what the hell is spotter on about now" i can hear you thinking
well in my opinion you are not boring at all,
but yesterday there was a little bit of a dummy spitting session by a NOW EX member ,who after a post was deleted for breach of forum rules and guidelines,decided he wanted to quit BOCN as the site has become boring,
personally i took that as an insult to everyone who posts or uses BOCN,
as you will be aware for the last few months i have not been very active myself on site ,this is for several reasons including illness divorce etc i wont go into it but things are pretty tough at the moment but will get better.
Anyway enough of my self pitying waffle back to the subject in hand..
Thanks to all the new and old members the site has continued to grow and grow,with a multitude of different threads,the site mods and admin as well as existing members have "self policed" BOCN nicely ,I dont have my own internet so only get to be on site a few times a week,,when i do come on i find lots of new posts plenty of new threads its definately far from boring,,so i would like you all to join me in giving yourselves a big pat on the back round of applause etc for all the time and effort you guys have put into making BOCN a great place to be ,,and a big fingers up to those who think you are boring as YOU ARE NOT..
regards
Allan (Spotter)

Yeah, it is sooooo booooooring! that's why we spend so much time on here:xd:!!!!

ATB
to all the rest of the bored members

Tony

Keep smiling Allan, you'll get there in the end.

Keep up the good work everyone, its a good place to be.

Dave.

Yes keep up the good work ,this is the best site on the web with the best bunch of people in it.
Andy

I see that my reply to the unsatified ex member was thrown out with the bathwater.I repeat, I find the site most interesting, and I get to communicate with fellow collectors all over the world. I can ask questions and sometimes answer some. I can see examples of items which I cannot see locally and have made some good trades for goodies that I need.And this is free for many members. What is there to complain about?

You cant please everone Allan, the members make it what it is,and thats a credit to them all, a cool place to be.

The members make this site what it is, and I never cease to be amazed at the depth of knowledge shown, and the keen-ness of members to help out those who ask for information. Yes, there are parts of the site I don't usually look at, because I am not into some aspects of ordnance collecting, and sometimes the site may seem a bit flat to me because there is little new that has been posted in which I am interested. BUT, that changes from day to day, and I have never found the site boring. Yes, it's nice to have other people spoon-feed me with info I find relevant, and sometimes I can help by answering a question on ammo (if TonyE doesn't get there first!). But at the end of the day, it's those members who take the time and trouble to post the all the info on the site (not forgetting those who run and administer it) who make it what it is, so a BIG thankyou from me to all of you.

Roger.

Allan, I'm glad you posted this thread.
I, like many read 'THE' thread last night and thought the content posted, by the now ex-member, to be very harsh......however my first thoughts were, and still are........'toys and prams'!!!
I understand that to some this forum may be 'boring', my six year old daughter for one, but for anyone with even a mild interest in ordnance and its history this has to be one of the best, if not THE BEST forum out there and is a wealth of information. It also has a very useful side, not to be overlooked -which members may witness from time to time- when active members of EOD working around the world ask for help with I.D. on items found - the response to which is often very very quick and I am sure ,very grateful on the receiving end. That in itself is worth a round of applause.

Please dont take words said in haste too much to heart.....there are many out here that are very grateful for all the hard work put in by all Moderaters and Admin to create such a great site........however I speak for myself and not the masses ---- a HUGE THANKYOU FROM ME!!

kindest regards from a very appreciative member
all the best Kev

Allan - Just keep doing what you do best. This site is an invaluable resource to anyone interested in this subject, and the description "boring" is probably the last word in the dictionary that I would use to describe B.O.C.N.

Thanks for all you do!

Switch

Allan. Definitely NOT boring . If it was n't for you & the rest of the members , the world would be a sadder place ! Mike

Allan,I hope your problems are soon resolved,good luck for the future and thanks to you and all Administrators/moderators for all your hard work in making the BOCN such an interesting and informative site,"you can please all the people some of the time,some of the people all the time"
Kind Regards,
Don,

There's more USEFUL traffic here that most sites I look in to. Keep up the good, boring, work!! Cheers, Y'all, Bruce.

Well he obviously hadn't read my Home Made Haggis post either --- Boredom here I think not ~ not with the crew we have it's impossible - inconceivable.

If you can get bored on here, especialy if you love ordnance, then you have more than one issue. Believe me, from someone who works on ordnance stuff everyday, this is the ONLY place where top-notch people who know more than their fair share of stuff, can get together and help each other out to learn new and exciting things. I have learned more about ordnance, and met some extremely interesting people collectors on here than many years in EOD.

Please keep up the good work everyone, and to the moderators ... THANK YOU

Joe

I missed the whole history behind this thread, but as a Dutch ECRA board member, I can say this forum is so not boring!

Like an instructor at the Nikon School says "Life is full of choices."
Like my father said "Don't let the door hit in the (arse) on the way out."
If this place is boring then I guess I love boring. It is what it is. If ya don't like it, GTFO.
GOD Bless ALL my BOCN brothers! pop.gif

Evidently life is much more exciting for the people that collect buttons or stamps or navel lint. Those people don't know the adrenaline edge that one gets when they are working around explosives all day, or "tickling the dragon's tail" when required. I'm sorry I missed the conversation that started all this, as I would have liked to have heard what the bored person was expecting. Maybe he was just too thick to understand what everyone else is talking about.

What ever it is, boring, exciting, etc., keep it up!

Evidently life is much more exciting for the people that collect buttons or stamps or navel lint. Those people don't know the adrenaline edge that one gets when they are working around explosives all day, or "tickling the dragon's tail" when required. I'm sorry I missed the conversation that started all this, as I would have liked to have heard what the bored person was expecting. Maybe he was just too thick to understand what everyone else is talking about.

What ever it is, boring, exciting, etc., keep it up!

Why is navel lint(belly button fluff) always blue no matter what colour shirt you have been wearing?

Tony

Why is navel lint(belly button fluff) always blue no matter what colour shirt you have been wearing?

Tony

Well ,blue is a mid weight colour so surfs along your body hair to the belly button,other colours are too light and fall off or too heavy and stay put(ever noticed black fluff between your toes?)

There is a web site out there for belly button fluff collectors too!

Bob :tinysmile_shy_t:

I have an adage that I have used for years and it seems to have proven true time and time again "Only boring people get bored!" :tinysmile_fatgrin_t