What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boys headstamp.

tigbrand

Premium Member
Just bought a full boys clip off ebay,cases only,a couple are stamped PII,what does this mean chaps,cheers Tony.

Hi T
PII on the Boys case is Practice Ball Mk2
the case should also have a blue band above the case belt.

Nice headstamp, quite scarce these days. The bullet originally had a lightweight core to reduce the danger area when firing on ranges that were designed for .303 weapons.

I still need a Practice P Mark i if anyone has one!

Regards
TonyE

Cheers Tony, there are three marked PII and two WII, any idea who made the clip? both mine are marked 1942 I CHP. Ever heard of JCS by the way? Many thanks Tony.

I have some WW1 Vickers disintegrating metal links also marked "MS", I was told that it was from "Myers & Sons". Possibly the same manufacturer as your Boys Clip?

regards,
Peter.

Clip etc

Yes, both are Myers and Sons of Birmingham who were a major manufacturer of chargers and links for the British military for many years.

Do you know whether your links are Mark I or II? If you have several I would be interested in trading for a couple. PM me if interested.

Tony - On what is "JCS stamped? If it is on a shell or something similar then they are Joseph Cook & Sons. of Washington, Co. Durham.

Regards
TonyE

Last edited: