What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 20 Pdr APDS-T Sectioned Round

apfsds

Premium Member
I was given this amazing (100% INERT) British APDS-T round from a very good friend who got it from the Dutch War Museum many years ago. It had some magnesium oxidation on its external sabot petals that required cleaning and sealing. I then polished its case, primer, and projectile components. It came out really nice and I am stoked about it. I may replace the original screws that hold the projectile to the case if I can ever find replacement upper and lower driving bands which are a little brittle so I don't want to mess with them now.

Jason

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

Thanks, Rick!

I am pretty stoked about this one. Took a few days to restore and hours on the polishing but it came out really nice. The oxidation was pretty serious on the sabot.

Jason

Very nice.
You have some nice cutaways in your collection.
May i ask what dutch Museum it was i assume it must be overloon?
Regards
Bart

Thanks, a lot, Bart. I am not sure to be honest. I know it was many years ago.

Jason

Yeah Jason, nice cutaway! You might want to substitute button-head screws for the ones that are in it. McMaster-Carr is good for small quantities of odd screws.

Thanks everyone. I am real excited about adding this specimen. HAZORD, great advice! I will do that for sure, hopefully I can find them in brass. On a seperate note, is there a way to be automatically notified when there is a response to a thread? I have been randomly checking in and was hoping there was a way to get an e-mail after someone responds to a thread.

"is there a way to be automatically notified when there is a response to a thread?"

Jason

Nothin' fancy here. Plain and simple. Makes it easier for us old folks to navigate this here intraweb thingy.

So that is a "no". I should just check back every so often? :)

Jason

On your original post click on "edit post" then click on "go advanced" then if you scroll down you will be able to tick the subscription box and choose notify via email.

Actually I think you only have a limited time to edit a post, if you cannot edit your original post at the top you may have to edit the last post you done here and should be able to subscribe from there.

Last edited:
Ahhhh! So there IS a way! Will try to follow those instructions. Wish me luck.

Sorry Jason, didn't mean to lie to you.

If you guys click on "forum actions" near the top of the page then in the drop down box click on "general settings" it will take you to your account settings page. On the left menu look for "my account/general settings" and then you will see a drop down box named "default thread subscription mode" If this is set to instantly using email you will then automatically be subscribed to every thread that you start or reply to in the future and will be notified via email of any additional posts.

Last edited:
You smart guys. I bet you have all the fun. :)

Will try out that trick myself.

UPDATE: Just did it. Thanks for that, Darren.

Last edited:
Ahhhh! So there IS a way! Will try to follow those instructions. Wish me luck.

Sorry Jason, didn't mean to lie to you.

Slick you're not the only one who didn't work that one out! That must make me on of "the old folks" too.
Dave.