What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 20 Pdr APDS-T Sectioned Round

It isn't working for me, either.

On your user profile/settings page when you choose the instant email option for thread subscriptions make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page and click save changes.

Last edited:
Thanks, Daerren.
I going to do that again, to make sure because I am not getting any e-mail notification. Appreciate all of your help.

Jason

Last edited:
Well, I've been getting email every time someone replied to a thread or I replied to one, and I didn't know why. My stuff got toggled on somehow. Good old Ordnance Fairies must have done it.

I figured it out and now I am getting e-mail notifications. Thanks for the help.

Jason

I have a friend who served with the Canadian Army (Tanks) in German some years back. The were going through an ammo dump and found a War Reseve of 20 pdr ammuniyion AND new 20 pdr barrels. Rather than scrape the ammo they pulled the 105 barrels and replaced them with the 20 pdr and shot off all the ammo. Have to figure that it was a great way to dipose excess ammo!!!

That's how I would do it if I was a TANKER :) I would not have thought that the 105MM Breech Blocks would work with 20Pdr barrels. Interesting!

Jason

Thanks Drew!
It took hours and hours of polishing and cleaning but came out really nice.

Jason

I was told that the conversion from 105 to 20 pdr took less than an hour in the shop. As I understood it they replaced the complete gun, not just the barrel. It could have included the mantlet.