What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 4LB incendiaries

F

Fuzeman

Shown are the British 4 Lb incendiary bombs with the Excellent reproduced tails, manufactured by Dug UP
The bombs ive shown before

Attachments

• British Incediaries 002.jpg
    British Incediaries 002.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 141
Lovely job on those fuzeman. I got one of the tail units myself from dugup as it may come in useful later on, it is unlikely to find any more once these have gone and I thought they were a fair price.

Attached is some pics of a 4ib from my own collection. The tail unit and nose balance weight are original and were recovered from the crash site of a Halifax in Belgium in the late 90's. The fuse housing was pretty well squashed but it straightened out ok. The main body which would have been magnesium has been replicated in hardwood. I then sprayed it silver and over painted with matt black then stressed the paint a bit to look more in keeping with the rest of the bomb. The tail unit had evidence of original black paint so am guessing these were painted matt black.

I have a number of the nose balance weights from this aircraft if anyone wants to trade for any German / British fuses or bomb parts?

Dan

Attachments

• DSCF7183.jpg
    DSCF7183.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 66
  • DSCF7184.jpg
    DSCF7184.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF7187.jpg
    DSCF7187.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF7191.jpg