What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British 95mm projectile

Burney Davis

Premium Member
I attach below two pictures of a 95mm projectile used in the Howitzer and tank role. I'm trying to identify exactly what model this is. It is marked 95mm, dated 1943, painted grey and has a solid base, and I can see no markings (which are faint) on the body to denote its type. Being painted grey with the large adapter could it be chemical? Does anyone have a drawing of this shell and which fuze it might have used? TIA.

20230205_143119.jpg20230205_143213.jpg

Thanks glevum, that's excellent. Like you say, I was not aware of there being a chemical round but you just never know. I only had information on the later mark of shell without the adapter and obviously missed the earlier thread. I wonder why it was painted grey....

As you always have exceptional ordnance, maybe you are the proud owner of a prototype of 95mm gas shell.