What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

british grenade launcher for?

phantomf4

i hate to bombard you fellows right off the bat, i'm new i can't help it this is a cool sight so sorry for my enthusiasm. well anyway i know this is for a enfield rifle but i can't think of which one i'm thinkin ww1.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 32
A British No 1 Mk III rifle.... :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

full.jpg

Last edited:
A British No 1 Mk III rifle.... :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

full.jpg
Otherwise known as an SMLE. Short magazine Lee Enfield. Your Burns cup was probably for use with a MK111 or a Mk 111* rifle and it was for use with the No 36 Mills grenade with a gas check fitted. It was also used for other grens during WW2 but orginally came into service in 1917 at the same time as the No 36.

Andy

Otherwise known as an SMLE. Short magazine Lee Enfield. Your Burns cup was probably for use with a MK111 or a Mk 111* rifle and it was for use with the No 36 Mills grenade with a gas check fitted. It was also used for other grens during WW2 but orginally came into service in 1917 at the same time as the No 36.

Andy
Thanks for the information,hmmmm i guess i'll have to get me a rifle for this, there easy to find and cheap in the US for now, well i guess it's beer cans beware there's gonna be some blastin goin on. :xd: hmmm what does it take to send a beercan into orbit? ha

Discharger cup

It is all right for some! Over here in the UK a usable discharger cup is a prohibited weapon and is what we call "Section 5". That means it requires Home Office approval to own and requires almost the same level of physical security as a warehouse full of MGs.

Regards
TonyE

It is all right for some! Over here in the UK a usable discharger cup is a prohibited weapon and is what we call "Section 5". That means it requires Home Office approval to own and requires almost the same level of physical security as a warehouse full of MGs.

Regards
TonyE
i hate to hear that, sometimes laws can really rain on a guys parade:sad:

Regards
TonyE
Hi Tony, i know we have been over this old chestnut before but if there are no serial/proof numbers etc, how can it be put on your certificate?
Also, its the only item that Dave Sampson got let off on. I reccon that sets a precedence dont you think?

Andy