What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British Training S Mine

Richard709

Does anyone have any drawings or information on the metal parts of the British Concrete training version of the German S-Mine.

Web German brit trg mine 001.jpgWeb German brit trg mine 002.jpgWeb German brit trg mine 003.jpgWeb German brit trg mine 004.jpg

This had some metal but as soon as I touched it, it collapsed into a small pile of Rust. Any help Most appreciated.

The top is made of brass and marked MD, they were made by the Churchills toy workshop as a training aid as Smine were a big problem during the war. The top plate has mock det screws and screwed down with three brass screws into the concrete into wooden raw plugs, the centre has a nut and threaded which takes a Y adaptor for the fuzes, under the brass top plate is a British Mk2 pressure switch which activates and fires out of side, most probaly a smoke puff or blank.
Not much about them even the concrete teller mine they made and used, i am sure there a pamphlet about their use. There was a picture and small write up on the Lexprev mines grenades and booby trap site but its no longer unfortunately.

Richard709,
I found these pictures in my archive, maybe this might help.
Can't remember where they come from.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 25
Thank you both for the info, is it posible to get a copy of the pictures. I also have 2 relic cask aluminum No 2 switches

Web No 2 Switch Relic 001.jpg

yes its a sham about lex's site it was very good. Will now have to hunt for a manual and parts I am missing.

Try this 'web.archive.org' archive page covering the British training version of the S-mine from the old LEXPEV website.
Thats my write up on his site i done fir him years ago. Would still love to find more info hiw these mines were used in training.

Thats my write up on his site i done fir him years ago. Would still love to find more info hiw these mines were used in training.
Very nice write up and great photo's thank you and for Eggburt1969 for the Link. I will have to make a note of this site for future reference. If I can find any more info I will let you know.

I think the site Lex prev is no longer, it was a great reference site.