What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British WW1 fuze

Here is a fuze I got really cheap some time ago, I guess because someone had ground off the threads, which I suppose was done to make it fit into the projectile. The seller told me it was for an 18pdr. It has no 100 and also 101 on it, dated 11/15 and obviously just a simple percussion fuze. Well anyway someone else told me that it was probably not for an 18pdr at all but cant recall what he said it was for. It is a really simple looking piece but cool just the same. I would like to find a proper projectile, if for no other reason just to hide the fact that the threads were ground off. Dano

Attachments

• Picture 270.jpg
    Picture 270.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
hi
This N 100 Graze fuze introduced in the end of 1915
It's the first fuze for fitting the HE 18 Pr Mk II and III because british have no
2in percution fuze since 1914 and also used the fuze N80 and 85 on HE shell Mk I with 44/80 or inside Mk II shell with adapter N4 for gaine N1 under these fuzes
N100 were also used on 13 Pr, 4.5 in HE shell and more with gaine N1 or 2 according to the time of the war