What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly spares box

SG500

Premium Member
I had a rummage around in the spares box this evening and made one of these up, I tend to forget what's in there!
Its in its relic state, I thought it made a change from all the other nice ones:smile:
All INERT and comes to bits.
Dave.

Attachments

• Spares box 001.jpg
    Spares box 001.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Spares box 002.jpg
    Spares box 002.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Spares box 003.jpg
    Spares box 003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Spares box 004.jpg
    Spares box 004.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 37
Great piece Dave, and from the spares box to boot. I have always been intrigued by the buttrfly bombs and with this one, in my opinion (for what it's worth) I would not restore it but leave her as is, a beautiful memento of an ugly period of history. I have about 10 spares boxes in the shed that i've not even opened since the move which gives me an idea for tomorrows project. Call it a middle aged mans erector set........Dano

Last edited:
Great piece Dave, and from the spares box to boot. I have always been intrigued by the buttrfly bombs and with this one, in my opinion (for what it's worth) I would not restore it but leave her as is, a beautiful memento of an ugly period of history. I have about 10 spares boxes in the shed that i've not even opened since the move which gives me an idea for tomorrows project. Call it a middle aged mans erector set........Dano

Thanks Dano. TEN spares boxes, WOW, there's sure to be something in there.
Dave.

By experience I can tell it's a good idea to pack all kind of bits and pieces in boxes and then "forget" them somewhere for a few years. Then you slowly start to open one box every now and then and guaranteed get pleasant surprises - and the best is that you didn't spend any money:tinysmile_twink_t2:

grab bag

By experience I can tell it's a good idea to pack all kind of bits and pieces in boxes and then "forget" them somewhere for a few years. Then you slowly start to open one box every now and then and guaranteed get pleasant surprises - and the best is that you didn't spend any money:tinysmile_twink_t2:
Yes Tmine35, Kind of like being a kid at the carnival and winning a grab bag of goodies that you have no idea what is inside until you open it. Of course the spares box should have items other than a kazoo, a ball and paddle and baseball cards!!! Dano