What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone explain/identify these marks on My WW2 dated No36 gren please....

Edwardc

Its a No36 gren made by Kenrick. I have found these marks on it and wondered what they mean.
Sorry for the large sized photos

First mark is this one between the filler screw and the striker hole. is it 31 or 37 or 3J?
DSC_0644Large.jpg

Next mark is in the recess in the body of the gren, where the striker handle sits, at the bottom of this recess (does that make sense?). Is it a 7 or a corroded Z?
DSC_0645Large.jpg

Final mark is at the top of the striker lever recess, between the shoulders of the lug bits..... Is it 22 or SS or ZZ or combinations of that?
DSC_0647Large.jpg

Any suggestions? I have only guessed what the figures or marks are and I havent a clue what they mean, anyone able to help?

cheers!

Well the last 2 pictures are the Mold numbers, i don't know about the first picture marking, looks like it was stamped,,, well spotted nice pictures too........ Dave