What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone identify this please?

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
P4211145.jpg

10.5cm resized.jpg

It's 105mm in diameter and approx 310mm in length.

The driving band is missing and it appears to have some kind of filler plug in the top.

Any information would be appreciated.

Pete

Last edited:
God, i hope not, but it looks like its quite old, could it be WW2? Dont think they used any chemical stuff then but i think they had it in reserve in case the Germans used it.

Andy

I have reason to believe this may not be HE, but would like an ID on the projectile itself.

Lots of countries had chemical weapons in WW2, but only a couple are documented as having used it.

Pete

Last edited:
Nasty but interesting!

Well I very much doubt that it is of British manufacture as the method of securing the driving band uses straight rings with cuts.

It also appears to be minus a "windshield" that presumably covers/protects a fuze-so it is not solid as in Practice or A.P.

Be very careful with that one as it looks nasty!

Pete,

The way the driving band is secured looks like Dutch or French.
Can you tell us were the item was found?
And also the distance from the the bottom to the driving band and the wight of the driving band?

Regards,

Chris

Unknown 105 mm

Maybe something like this but in 105 mm and not 75 mm.
The plug is probably a stockage plug.

Attachments

• FR 75 mm Trac-Inc Mle 1913.JPG
    FR 75 mm Trac-Inc Mle 1913.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 58
peteblight is ordnance approved, he probably found it through work so in this case he probably IS the authorities.