What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case ID/info required

hicky1300

Picked this up today as it is not one in my collection.
Measures 37 x 200m - I have a nasty feeling the neck has been cut down??
Headstamp reads Mx Cin 13 5 .14 B (in a circle) T-C. 37, T (in a circle), flaming grenade, P (in a circle)
Suspect this is a reload made in 1914 originally then reloaded in `37?
Primer: C, Flaming grenade, 33-39 SFM 65, 39 A37 case.png37 x 200.png

Thanks Weasel.
looked at that projectile looks the same as the French 37mm pom pom WWI ones?
Was this a Tank or field gun?

Yes!! Hence the question - unfortunately I also have a nice spare pom pom case for it!!
So will watch the evil bay one as well!

Hello.
I don't know what projectile goes with your case, because I'm not interested by the shells, but all time I have seen the complete cartridge, it was with the small bullet ( boulet) as illustrated in the link given by Weasel.
However, I can explain the stamping. Your case is for the french Navy. Stampings for the Navy are slightly different of those for the Army. (No metal supplier).
At 12 o'clock, is the designation of the cartridge, yours is TC-37, others identical cases are stamped 37.02 ( 37mm model 1902). TC-37 means "Tube Canon de 37mm". It is intended to be used as sub-caliber for the big guns of the french Navy.
I don't know if those stamped 37.02 have been used in land service.
At 6 o'clock Mx Cin 13 5 14 B in a circle: Mx Cin is the maker of the case 13th lot of the deal of mai 1914. Attention your case has not necessarily be made in mai 1914, but perhaps the months later until the deal was ended. The B in a circle is the logo of the inspector of the Navy. Are you sure it is a B? I have two cases one 4th lot and one 5th lot of the same deal 5.14 and I think the letter is R (in a circle).
Hope that will help.
Regards,
Dandebur.