What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Centre Tube... No. 5 vs No. 36

Hi Paul, I might have a couple:flute:. Any part of the process in particular you're interested in? Cheers Colin

Hi, Attached is four photos of the casting process (arguably the most interesting part of the process). I also included an image of the inserts being screwed in, as I'd been meaning to add it to the posting on insert tools. Cheers Colin

Attachments

• mills casting 4 BOCN.jpg
    mills casting 4 BOCN.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 48
Terrific pics! Thanks Colin.
I've never seen pics like those of the casting and manufacturing process.
...for some reason, they just don't make it over to this side of the pond

Any additional pics you want to post would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

Hi, Attached is four photos of the casting process (arguably the most interesting part of the process). I also included an image of the inserts being screwed in, as I'd been meaning to add it to the posting on insert tools. Cheers Colin

heres a bit more technical info on the fitting of the centre tubes.
Paul.

Attachments

• mills centre tube specs.jpg
    mills centre tube specs.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 32
Thanks Paul, great info!
It always amazes me to see just how much information is available on BOCN. VERY knowledgeable members, thanks to everyone.

Maybe the forum members can help me one more time?
What lever would be the correct one for this No. 5? I want to try and find the most historically accurate lever if possible.

Cheers, Brad.

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Levers.jpg
    Levers.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
hi.for an early no5 it would be the flat sided lever.
regards Darrol.